Welcome to the Bat & Ball Station Website
Published: 06 August 2018
The Bat & Ball Station building is a Victorian property constructed in 1862. It was the first station in Sevenoaks and used by Queen Victoria when visiting Knole House.
Sevenoaks Town Council intends to restore the abandoned Grade II Listed building, boarded up since 1991 to provide a community venue. The restored building will provide public toilets, two community rooms, and a café selling Kent products and providing heritage information. In addition there will be a new pedestrian access onto the London bound platform. For the first time those with mobility difficulties and those with buggies will be able to use the station.
The Bat & Ball Station building is within the Town Council’s Northern Sevenoaks Masterplan for the regeneration of the area and will compliment a new Bat & Ball Centre to be constructed on the opposite side of the railway and integral to wider development – new leisure, businesses and homes.